Cooking on your own in college can be troublesome even to the smartest student, especially when money is tight. Here are a few recipes that are cheap and can be made in a jiffy. Thus, consider these ideas and transform an ordinary dreary meal into a totally exciting and lip-smacking option.
- Cup of noodles. This is one of the most popular items that dominate the shopping list of men, women and college students. It is a cheap food idea that everyone can afford and the noodles can be prepared within 5 minutes. Noodles are available in a variety of flavors like beef, shrimp, chicken vegetable and Spicy Roast Beef, so that it doesn’t get monotonous after some time.
- Pancakes. If you don’t have the basic breakfast groceries like eggs, flour, milk etc. or even cooking tools, then making pancakes can help you great deal. Just grab a container of Bisquick Shake 'n Pour, add some water, pour the mixture into a frying pan and you have hot, steamy pancakes ready.
- Grilled cheese and soup. This is a very easy breakfast idea which requires a can of soup, a loaf of bread and some cheese. This is a very simple dish, and goes very well during rainy days and is hearty as well as light on wallet.
- Sweet cabbage veggie. Just take some green cabbage, pineapple and any other vegetable you have with you. Add some oil, and spices to it, and fry for three minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy. It has many nutritional benefits as well.
- Macaroni and cheese. These two ingredients offer you multiple easy-to-make options which you can enjoy at any time.
- Tacquitos. Hot, crunchy, ready to eat tacquitos can be a very tasty and a satisfying experience when you are too hungry. All it needs is chicken tacquitos, some cheese, salsa and any favorable toppings. Just wrap tacquitos, top it with cheese and toppings and put it in a microwave.
- Tuna fish. This is a very good cheap food idea for students who do not eat meat. You can prepare affordable sandwiches from tuna fish which are very easy to make and just requires eggs, pepper, mayonnaise and celery.
- Eggs. Eggs are one of the most easy to make, affordable, delicious and healthy food items. You can make burritos, scramble egg, omelets or even introduce them in rice, noodles etc.
Thus, if you are lazy or falling short of money, try these easy to make, affordable dishes and never skip your meals. Bon Appétit!