Getting health insurance is like Hobson’s choice. Every next day, countless health insurance plans are penetrated by different insurers. Here the battle begins. Having health insurance is a bit dear and so one can hardly afford to buy a couple of them. Indeed having two or more health insurance covers is another annoyance one pays high to get. That’s the reason picking up best health insurance becomes imperative decision.
But yes! It's not too tricky to draw verdict when you know basics of health insurance. Here are widely advocated tips-
1. Decide the required coverage for you.
2. Shop around - a lot of insurers are just a click away to tender you best quotes.
3. Do enquire some agents. It’s better to get them for assistance when you are not able figure out the required coverage.
4. Never hesitate to bargain with insurance agent or company. Ask for things you wish to cover with no or relatively little costs.
5. Check out what is being covered and what is not covered in the policy. You may not afford to disregard the exclusion or pre-existing conditions or waiting period coupled with insurance plan.
6. Don’t just compare different insurance plans on their costs, consider the coverage and services like claim settlement as well.
7. Buying quite a few policies is expensive and still they altogether may not cover what you need.
8. Dig up to get maximum coverage from employer’s plan. When you get a pink-slip don’t let insurance lapse come into your way. COBRA allows you to continue with your earlier employer’s coverage for next 18 months. Otherwise, get a short term health insurance plan to avoid insurance gap.
9. Sometimes flexibility to choose hospital or doctor may turn into more timely and adequate health care services.
10. Be honest while furnishing filled application or any other information that carrier may ask you time and again.