Assuming that there are countless people out there who suffer with the same problem when on cruise or air travel, persuades this piece of information –Motion Sickness.
Many people are not ‘strong stomached’ or thus, serve as a welcome host for nausea. Here are some of the tips that you must consider if you experience dizziness, vomiting, sweating or unwell sense of feeling while flying or travelling by sea.
- Kindly bear with the cliché used here – Prevention is better than cure. So, prevent sea sickness before it occurs. Make sure that you take enough rest or avoid consuming greasy foods. Drink copious amount of water or avoid the intake of caffeine for at least 24 hours before getting on the boat.
- Keep a check on your consumption of drinks, acidic foods or alcohol before you start your voyage or also during your travel. Foods that are rich in fats or heavy, spicy foods will just worsen the sea sickness.
- Consume simple foods in breakfast consisting of cereals or porridge. Sea sickness can be prevented by Ginger, so consume cookies or biscuits which comprise of Ginger.
- There are places on a cruise which experience the least motion. Seat yourself near the center or in lower cabins where there isn’t any substantial motion.
- Diesel or exhaust fumes are the worst enemies of sea sickness. Stay as far as possible from smoke or stay in a spot with fresh air or shade to avoid dehydration.
- To avoid nausea stay away from the odors of strong food or if you are prone to motion sickness then indulge in some activity of your interest which will keep you busy, divert your attention or put you on the helm.
- If you suffer from sea sickness don’t panic from the moment itself. Even the toughest of people face this problem. Just calm down; things will improve or as time goes by you will become less vulnerable.
We completely understand that there are times when you’re hit with an immense case of motion sickness which promotes a strong urge to jump from the deck. Maybe it can help, but these tips would surely prove useful in conquering your nausea or are much safer than jumping in sea.